This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robbert 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     JD Seem 
    Participant

Hey there…just registered here and glad to make your acquaintance. I’m writing from CT, USA.

I guess I’ll answer the questions posted by Robbert:

How long do you play? I’ve been finderpickin off and on since 1988. Played guitar since 1981

How did you become interested in acoustic blues? After starting on electric guitar in 1981, I started playing acoustic around 1988. Went to some open mics and saw an amazing player named Tom Hanway, now a pro banjo player based in Ireland. Seeing Tom play Doc Watson and Jorma Kaukonen up close blew me away.
    Shortly after that (1990?) I enrolled at The New School in NYC in a fingerstyle class taught by Woody Mann. Woody open the door to all the classic country blues artists and I have been hooked ever since.
    I also studied with Dave Van Ronk in the early 90s.

What guitar do you play (upload a picture)? At the moment I have a new 2017 Bethany Southern Jumbo, a 1965 Southern Jumbo and a 2005 Martin 00028E. For slide I have a 1931 National Style O and 2001 NRP Western D.

JD Seem 
    Participant

There are plenty of pics, mp3s and video of me and my guitars at http://www.reverbnation.com/jdacoustic

Robbert 
    Keymaster

Hi JD, welcome at our platform! Always good to have experienced players around… You prefer the Jumbo or the OOO28 for fingerpicking? Which model do you use for what purposes?

Robbert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 Acoustic Blues Pickers

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Skip to toolbar